Taste Lake Balaton on a Europa Cup!
Melges 24 Europa Cup – The first Event of the Melges 24 European Sailing Series 2013.
Come and sail on the racing field of the Melges 24 European Championship 2014!
Hungary and the Lake Balaton becomes more and more significant sailing area of the Melges 24 sailors and will surely play a significant role in the future of the Class .
There are many reasons to visit Hungary in April.
- The hungarian Melges 24 Europa Cup is the first Event of the Melges 24 European Sailing Series 2013 (Lake Balaton – Kiel – Lake Garda – Medemblik (E.Ch.) – Hanko )
- The Europe Cup will be sailed on the same waters as the Melges 24 European Championship in 2014.
- The Lake Balaton – the largest lake in Middle Europe – is a sailing area worth to know where many great international events are organized. Just in 2013 out of the Melges 24 Europa Cup Laser , FD, Soling Worlds, Optimist Europeans and a Finn Masters Europa Cup will be held here.
- The hungarian Melges 24 fleet is growing dynamically so all the races of the Class are more and more enjoyable.
- The Lake Balaton is a wonderful place to sail and relax with 2000 sunny hours a year as many as in the French Riviera.
Melges 24 Europa Cup in 2013
Some important details of the EC: Eight races scheduled between the 26th and 28th of April. No more than four races will be sailed a day. Entry is 200 € per boat before the deadline of the preliminary entries (1st of April and without a joke). The regatta centre will be situated in Koloska Marina – Balatonfüred (N 46.957630, E 17.913165). 50-70 boats are expected to race on the Europa Cup.
More details in the Notice of Race on the website
Lake Balaton and Balatonfüred
The largest Lake in Middle Europe. 77 km long and 14 km wide with surface of 594 square kilometre. Quite shallow as the average depth is 3,5 metre. Balatonfüred town – 145 km to the west from the hungarian capital Budapest – is the center of the hungarian sailing life with many sailing clubs and marinas in the area.